New project: NO budget Media Server!!!

theplummer

I worked for more than a few months trying to get itunes to perform even normal media duties and it failed. It simply is not acceptable (IMO). I could list the problems but to address the point about auto-download of album art. LOL, just try it and see how well it does. Then install a itunes on another machine and point it to your library in which you've spent days manually adding artwork and correcting track names. Guess what, the new itunes will NOT read that data! No artwork will transfer. Gah, I could go on and on.

Zero issues (with CDs that can be purchased on iTunes), over 100 lossless audio CDs with auto-correct on four machines. I tried it and it works. The auto-download function was just upgraded with the latest firmware update a couple of months ago. Your statement simply isn't true!!!

I'm an idiot, you are correct that there are no artwork issues with music purchased thru itunes. I missed that you specified buying from itunes.

...you are correct that there are no artwork issues with music purchased thru itunes. I missed that you specified buying from itunes.

I probably missed quite a rant. I know everyone has different equipment and does different things leading to different experience, so I should have said, "not true in my experience." My appologies for being over the top. [:$]

Just to clarify, I've had zero issues with artwork for CDs that I've ripped from my personal collection that COULD have been bought through iTunes. I actually own the CD, ripped it in an uncompressed lossless Apple format (AIFF) and the album artwork autoloads, providing that it is in the iTunes store AVAILABLE for purchase. If iTunes doesn't sell it, I don't get any artwork, which is I'm sure, where people run in to issues.