SB-6 speaker brackets

colterphoto1

I have a pair of these from my days with Klipsch. They fit my KPT250's and I believe also fit the same standard bolt pattern as early Klipsch pro speakers like KP250 (that had nutplates in the bottom). I post these to assist those wishing to make purchases of pro Klipsch surround speakers. These are a two part bracket, one side is a square plate for mounting to a SECURE surface such as 2x6 blocking between wall studs or plywood panel 'let into' the studs prior to construction. I did not receive instructions with mine but I would consider that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should these be used for ceiling mounting of loudspeakers nor with any type fastener directly to drywall. The fasteners or integral bolt might fail under such conditions.

post-10755-13819685640018_thumb.jpg

Previous photos shows the speaker end of the bracket resting on the bolts of KPT250. Note that there are arrows with 0 and 5 marked, this is to achieve an angle to the rear of the loudspeaker, enabling it to slant downwards into the listening space at the original slope of the cabinet, or Plus 5 degrees further downward. This might be useful to guys wishing to mount these in smaller rooms where reaching nearby seating locations is critical. This photo shows a side view of the bracket in the 0 degree position, with the included (HIGH STRENGTH) bolt and locking washer in the shortest possible alignment. There are three hole positions, presumably to allow for different thicknesses of wall treatments found in commercial cinemas. The closest position allows a 5" clearance between mounting surface and rear of speaker cabinet.

post-10755-13819685641558_thumb.jpg

5 degree position, which doesn't sound like a lot but visibly is considerable, especially when you add it to the slope of the KPT100, KPT200 or KPT250. I think this same bolt pattern fits the THX speaker series and is consistent with industry standard like the ball-and-socket Omnimount 60.0 (which was attached to my old HP-1 and KP250 speakers)

post-10755-13819685642918_thumb.jpg