Another question...using 2 amps...??

doctahg

HI all!

I have a Denon 4800. I also have a Denon 5200 preamp used for the rear surround. Is there a better way to setup my system? I'm kind of a novice as you can tell <G>, and I've packed my manual to move so I can't look it up. I've read where someone ran the xtra amp to the 2 mains, and let the main..say 4800...run the other speakers. Is this a better way to go? Advantages? disadvantages? I want to max my system, which sounds good to me, if I can, but the intricacies of Home Theatre isn't my forte!<g> I'd appreciate some advice. I will be running Rf7's, Rc-7, rs7(sur) and 2 RC3II's as the rear surounds, with a subwoofer as well. Any suggestions are appreciated as always!

doc, yea i've seen most use a 2 or 3 channel power for the fronts/center since a lot of the 5.1 material is in the front & like 75% or so in the center. stereo/2-channel speaks for itself as far as mains. usually as your case the fronts are the bigger speaks.

in the 4800 you can designate that the 5200 be used for the fronts then the 4800 drives the rear surrounds. so depends on how your 5200 does vs the 4800 powerwise driving the bigger rf-7s.

my guess is the 5200 will provide for better, but give it a try w/ all that bassy

stuff palying & hear which sounds best to you. even if it sounds pretty much the same i'd use a seperate amp for the fronts & the receiver amp for the rear surround, unless we're talkin a power amp w/ a lot less power/amps. Smile.gif

p.s., take it u meant the 5200 amp rather than preamp. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 05-18-2002 at 01:49 PM