Baby La Scala--(Update)

SAMCRO

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I built the mid horn as a goof to see if I could make a 4 way system. Its a 20.5" w x 11" h x 12" d horn. 1 cubic foot box witha a K-6-K 8". The tops are K-84-K Tweeter and the midrange is K-700 with a K-55V. Using a stock Type E crossover for the new horn with the top. The bass bin is running mono on a Carver TFM-15 at 150Hz. I have no clue what I am really doing but this one speaker alone sounds amazing. The neighbors hate just the one. Plan to finish number two this week.

post-55075-13819693499364_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 2/15/2012 at 5:08 AM, SAMCRO said:

Amarillo

I'll post the plans later today. The woofers are 12 inch, as for the crossovers and drivers the plans for tops are still yet to fall in place. The K 700 horns I have are way to small. Since I haven't obtained drivers yet for the tops my options are open.

I know this posting was made 8 years ago, was just wondering if you ever posted the plans?

2 minutes ago, JamesS said:

I know this posting was made 8 years ago, was just wondering if you ever posted the plans?

the member who you are posting to made his last post here in April 2012 and then had a total of 45 posts. It is possible that he is no longer a member but he may be known to one of the members here now or he may have also posted info on his project elsewhere so still worth your time in asking/searching. You might try a search on Google for "mini Lascala" or "baby LaScala" or "compact LaScala" then search images and follow any promising photos back to their source posting/threads.

You might also be interested in taking another approach other than attempting to scale a LaScala take a look at this site for some ideas. http://www.inlowsound.com/