Crites CW1526C install in KH and Belle

Gregg357

Hello,

I'm setting up for a woofer upgrade in my Khorns and Belles. I'm going with the Crites CW1526C. I've only been in the bass bins of my Khorns and Belles once or twice. From what I remember there wasn't much room in there and the far side screws seemed very difficult to get to. How easy is this swap out? Do I need any special tools, like really small hands?

Thanks for your help.

Gregg

The Khorns should be pretty easy. Most of them that I've done have separate woofer motorboards and you just take wing nuts off and the whole thing comes right out.

Can't tell you about Belle's, but with La Scalas you need to grind or file the edges of the woofer frame to fit them in.

One thing to remember about the new woofers is the break-in period. I don't often hear break-in with new gear or components, but I did with the Crites woofers. I'd say about 5 hours.

Greg

Thanks guys. The K-33's have been removed and sold. You were right, piece of cake. I thought they would be in there with wood screws and that they would be tough to turn, but they are secured by nuts and bolts, with the nut securely in the motorboard. I look forward to the install portion of this process.

Thanks guys. The K-33's have been removed and sold. You were right, piece of cake. I thought they would be in there with wood screws and that they would be tough to turn, but they are secured by nuts and bolts, with the nut securely in the motorboard. I look forward to the install portion of this process.

Thanks again Gregg. The woofers will soon be playing again. I sent you an email, hope it makes sense.

Gary