Replacement woofer/driver for RC-64

jreene

Hello all,

I need to know the part no. / what driver will fit my RC-64. I bought one cheap with a small nick in one woofer and decided I could just replace it. I emailed klipsch customer support. Is there anything else I should do/ tips for replacing it? Thanks

• 11 years later...

I realize this is a very old post, but this is for anyone who's looking for a replacement woofer for their Gen 1 RC-64 center.  I bought the RF-63 woofer to use, and it's perfect.  I think the woofers in the RF-63 are the exact same as the RC-64 woofers, minus the magnetic shielding, which was only important when setting it close to older TVs that had the issue of distorting because of the magnets.   I'd love to know if anyone else has tried this because no one talks about it. 

On 11/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, Mr. Pashco said:

replacement woofer for their Gen 1 RC-64 center.  I bought the RF-63 woofer to use, and it's perfect.  

the RC-64  1st generation woofers are compatible with  the RF-63  ..  .Klipsch part # 1000265   K-1205-NB

Edited by OO1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 1:25 AM, OO1 said:

the RC-64  1st generation woofers are compatible with  the RF-83  ..  .Klipsch part # 1000265   K-1205-NB

@OO1 I believe you meant the RF-63s as there is a slight woofer size discrepancy there 6.5" vs 8" ;)

Edited by Oniiz86

• 3 months later...

Old post...How much different is the RF-63 woofer?  I just bought a RC-64 I and it arrived with a damaged woofer.  The K-1212-NV woofer is what is in the RC-64.  The picture of the K-1205-NB (which is for the RF-63), form the Speaker Exchange, looks quite a bit different.  Not sure if I should buy one and try it or not.  I'm wondering if the resistance is the same, how different the magnet sizes are, etc.

The EBay seller is also looking for one.  I'm still in my return window, so not sure what I should do at this point.

Edited by JLock