amplifier

hello everyone. i have a question about amps. i am new here and i know very little about what to look for when matching amps with a preamp and speakers.

i want to buy the anthem avm 20. should i buy the mca 50, mca 20 + mca 30, or just buy the pva-7 (open to any other suggestions on different brands/models)? i do not know what to look for but am trying to learn by visiting different web sites that offer forums and detailed specs.

i also plan to upgrade my speakers (not sure yet), subwoofer (svs cs-ultras), and the dvd player (denon 9000?). i would like to have 7 speakers and two subs, so, eventually i would need enough amps to power all these.

currently i have the denon avr 3600, dcm 340, dvd 2000; yamaha eq 550; mitsubishi ws 55819; klipsch kg 4.2 (front), kv 2 (center), ss 1 (rear), and the ksw 15 (sub).

any comments and suggestions about amps (specs to be aware of make/model) and speakers (would rf-7s be good for this?) are appreciated. thanks.

Anthem power amps and the Anthem pre/pro are very good values.Great quality for peanuts(the amps).I would get the large Anthem MCA50,its a great sounding amp and very quiet operation(no nasty hum with Klipsch or other efficient speakers).

The Anthem matching pre/pro is a nother great piece,all the inputs and outs any HT maniac could want plus great sound quality.Built quality is A ok too.

If I may let me point you towards Sunfire.The new Sunfire Theater Grand III and the Sunfire Cinema Grand II power amp will best the Anthem in sound quality and you will get more powr too.Buily quality is at superior to Anthem and the inputs anmd outs are lenty on the Theater Grand III.My choice,a clear winner

BTW I had the MCA50 and 20 power amps at home not long ago and while the sound was very good the construction and finish is not all great.The heatsinks are so damn sharp I almost lost a finger! Frown.gif

I dont know how these amps passed aproval?!

Anthem should start making knives,they sure have a cutting start. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 05-25-2002 at 06:24 PM

TheEAR, thank you for your reply. i will check into the sunfire line. i have heard of them, just haven't done any research. once again, thanks, and have a great memorial weekend (may God bless those families who've sacrificed and this country).

hd