tube amp info

rfbro

ok i dont know much about tube amps but am very intrested,,,, curently using a hafler DH 220 and a Hafler 110 pre amp with my Hersey II speakers and very happy with this set up.....I have read so much about tubes and horns being made for each outher any ideas would help ,,my buget is 900.00 can i get a verg good tube amp in this range thanks Bob B

ok i dont know much about tube amps but am very intrested,,,, curently using a hafler DH 220 and a Hafler 110 pre amp with my Hersey II speakers and very happy with this set up.....I have read so much about tubes and horns being made for each outher any ideas would help ,,my buget is 900.00 can i get a verg good tube amp in this range thanks Bob B

Bob, based on your current setup, I think you could probablly get a Dynaco ST70 and Dynaco PAS3 preamp. These two products would probably give you a fair comparison to the solid state Hafler stuff you already own (ie: they're not "state of the art" but niether are the Hafler ~ kind of in the same retail price league). If you don't like the Dynaco it should be easy to unload them. And if you don't like them, then you probably won't care much for any other tube gear.