What Type of Adhesive?

chickey

I recently had the good fortune to pick up an Academy in the used market. In preparation for refinishing, I pulled out all the drivers. When I pulled out one of the woofers, I noticed that the gold colored cap that fits over the back of the magnet had become detached. It was originally attached with some type of glue which had apparently dried out. Any recommendations as to what type of glue or epoxy I can use to reattach??

Thanks,

Colin

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 05-25-2002 at 02:59 PM

I would try a metal bonding adhesive, naturally because I do body work. Fusor #109b metalbonder would be my choice. It consists of a two-part isocyanate cured adhesive. You will have to rent an applicator ( similar to caulking gun ). Get the smallest tubes, I beleive 225 ml 7.6 oz ( in canada anyway ). The glue has microscopic glass beads so that when it is clamped, the beads keep the bondline to a consistent thickness. This stuff is amazing ! I guarantee that it will not come off. NOTE: isocyanates released during curing ! Some people have allergic reactions to isocyanates -- I recommend that the product be used in a well-ventilated area --- definately not the basement / den / kitchen etc. For info check out www.fusor.com 3m also makes a comparable product -- check your local bodyshop supply store. cwm12.gif