Sony 7000 ES Mega Changer

shake777

Hi All, What a great way to deal with a Blu-ray collection. It plays all the way up to DTS-Master Audio and the sound and picture are very good, even excellent. I've been waiting patiently for the price to come down as they were about $2000.00 originally and I've even seen them for three. I found a beautiful one on Ebay for about half the MSRP. The Gracenote feature is especially pleasant even though mine only picks up about 50 to 65% of the discs and the others remain nameless. This is where one of the major flaws of the maching glares ominously. There is no input for a keyboard and you have to use a phone-like keying system which is time consuming and real drag. So I use a numerical list of all the discs which makes it very easy to find each one. No more opening, closing, storing, touching, and storing cases and discs. Its a real winner as you will never have to get out of your seat again. Shake

Congrats snake that would be nice (I have about 250 blu

rays). On a side note I’m personally a huge fan of sony ES stuff. Prices are a little on the high side but if

you can get a good deal on anything ES imo you will be pretty happy (I got my

avr brand new 50% off). Sony doesn’t get

much love on internet forums but anyone who has owned ES gear is usually a

pretty big fan.

Thanks ref, I also have a heavily modded Sony SACD/DVD/CD mega player and the redbook is awesome. The megas really reduce clutter and the time consuming physical issues associated with using discs. I'm not surprised you're happy with your AVR as I've heard word of mouth the ES is components are particularly good. Shake