looking for subwoofer to go with Legends

Iofosiris

Howdy,

I'm looking for a subwoofer to go along with a 5 channel setup. Through a Denon AVR-2801, I'm powering KLF 30 mains, a C7 center, and presently a pair of RS-3 surrounds. Small listening room now (14x17). I'll probably be switching to some more Legends in the rear when I have my setup in a larger room. I'm quite impressed by a lot I've read about the Paradigm PW-2200, and am pretty much trying to decide whether to go with that, or with a Velodyne sub. Any suggestions for a sub that'll fill in where the KLF 30's let off, that pumps out clean musical bass? Your sage advice is appreciated in advance.

Thanks

Tre

Iofosiris, the PW2200 is a scrappy performer for its size and weights... and an especially good deal for Canadians! Certainly, those who own a Velo HGS 18 with Legends will rightfully attest to the wisdom of their choice. Of course, Klipsch has made a musical candidate with some clout worth comparing with the RSW-15... but there is one more proven performer with the Legend series... and that's SVS.

Run a search on this Forum for "SVS Legends" and you are likely to come up with some interesting results. Personally, I use two SVS Ultras (stacked 7 foot high in a corner) powered by a 1000 Samson amp... but their hare other, less expensive, ways to get SVS clarity and punch.

Tom Vodhanel (the "V" in SVS) is the designer of the line (which is only sold over the Internet) and is a long time KLF-30 owner. Send him an email with your room dimensions and speaker info and you will get a learned reply... including some honest applause in regard to your first two choices as quality subs.

SVS is a popular choice for many on this Forum that were looking for crisp, clean, bass with the SPL's to knock your neighbor's socks off! -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

Hey HornEd,

thanks very much for your reply. I've been digging deep on the research, but hadn't quite encountered SVS subs. I figured if I mentioned by KLF 30's in the message, it might be you that got back to me. Thanks! I'll contact Tom today and see what suggestions he has.

Iofosiris

Or if you're not afraid to make a little MDF dust you could go the DIY route as I did. I built a dual Tempest 15" sonosub that kicks butt with my Legends.

Search the HomeTheaterForum under the DIY section.

Good luck either way you decide....Mike