my first Klipsch system...

bobcoe

I.) I am planning of assembling my first Klipsch system (in a 16 x 26 foot room & seating will be about 1/2 way back from the front speaker/TV wall). I am in presently in touch with a seller of a powered subwoofer, a SW12-ii...he is firm at $400...he states "purchased it new, has no problems." Is this a fair price? Any caveats? Which series of Klipsch KG speakers would you consider to be the minimum to coordinate with this sub? II.) So far, all I've picked up are 2 KG 1.5s from the local Habitat for Humanity thrift for $70, so if they won't fit in the KG setup, I won't be out much cash. Is there a Klipsch sub that might be a better choice than the SW12-II in the $400-500. price range for my KG setup? All comments/help will be greatly appreciated! Bob

I recomend the KG 2.2 or 2.5 for the center, and the KG 4.2, 4.5, or 5.5 as the mains. If you are using a 7.1 setup, then a pair of KG 2.2 or 2.5's would be nice rears, and the 1.5's the side or surrounds.

I currently run this in one of my systems, and it sounds great for movies, and not too shabby for music:

Integra DTR 5.8 AVR

Klipsch KG 4.2 left/right

Klipsch KG 2.2 center

Klipsch KG 2.5's surrounds

Paradigm DSP-3200 subwoofer

The room is 21'X13'X9' ceilings, and the system is set up on the long wall, which is better.

Per your suggestion, the long wall will be for placement.

Your suggestion of 2.5's has me now trying to locate three of them, figuring they can always be used in the KG configuration in some manner.

Thanks for the feedback!