Need help pairing a receiver with KLF-10s

Jamesial

I'm currently in the market for a new set of towers and after much research and price comparisons, I've found some KLF-10s that I believe are the best deal. However, I don't want to go ahead with the purchase before finding a receiver to match with them. Keeping in mind that I intend on adding to the system in order to create a 5+ speaker surround system, I need help finding a receiver fit for the job.

A couple of things i've found:

Onkyo HT-RC360 - $200

Onkyo TX-NR1007 - Waiting on the price from seller

Onkyo HT-S580 (whatever receiver is a part of this theater system... can't figure it out) - $100

Denon AVR-890 - $300

Denon AVR-3000 - $300

Denon AVR-3805 - $230

Assume I know nothing about receivers or what you're looking for in one. These are just some things that caught my eye. If anyone could shed some light on the situation for me it would be much appreciated (whether it be info on these, or entirely different suggestions)!

I can kind of help you!!![;)]

When I had the KLF-30's in my main system (KLF-C7 center, RF-3 for surrounds), I drove them with a Denon AVR-3801. The Denon has served me well for the past 11 years and it now drives my bedroom set-up.

I can't see that the AVR-3805 would be any less of a receiver then the 3801.

My 3801 has plenty of connections (Less HDMI, of course) for speakers and devices. it doesn't run HOT and it is very quiet when switching between sources and video inputs. I've had lessor Denons and Onkyo's that are loud as !@#!@ when switching inputs and they ran very hot.

So, not knowing the other receiver choices very well, my vote would be for the Denon 3805. (Despite the age, The Denon 38XX series were work horses)

Good luck on your adventure!!!

Thanks

JJ

Sounds like a nice avr, but for a few extra dollars, something with HDMI and some of the new formats/features is nice. One of the things that become out dated in a system is the avr or pre-amp. He will be growing this system, just a consideration. For $250-500 dollars there are many nice chices new and used.