Would the UPA-500 sufficently push RC-64ii, 2 RS-62iis, and 2 RB-61iis ?

themrclean

I was looking at this amp and was wandering if it would be enough to push an RC-64ii, 2 RS-62iis, and 2 RB-61iis if I used an XPA-2 for my RF-7iis. On one hand, it is more wattage than I would get from a receiver and much cheaper than the XPA-5, on the other hand, it won't leave much headroom and it does not have balanced inputs. Also, has anyone mixed the two lines of amps (UPA and XPA) from Emotiva before. Looking for any opinions on this. Thanks

As far as sound signatures go, the XPA and UPA power amplifiers are very similar. Emotiva designs their amplifiers to be neutral, meaning no coloration and completely true to the source. The only differences should be in the extra headroom adding that ooomph. I'm guessing you meant "balanced inputs", if so do you plan on having a long run from your processor/receiver?, otherwise those balanced inputs provide no other advantage over unbalanced RCA inputs.

The UPA 500 is 120 watt/ 4 ohms and 80 watts/ 8 ohms and a 0.85 kv transformer. This is around what the Onkyo is doing. This move may not give the extra bang to the ht since all the speakers RMS are 150 watts or greater. I think this amp would go betterl with Heritage speakers.

id say for the surrounds you have chosen, that would most likely be a good amount of power considering a regular living room type environment. The rc64 II probably would do better to have a bit more power to it. Its just nice to have some overhead. The upa-5 would have been a much better option if it was still available. 80 watts is stilla good amount of power espeically if its a solid 80 watts.

id say for the surrounds you have chosen, that would most likely be a good amount of power considering a regular living room type environment. The rc64 II probably would do better to have a bit more power to it. Its just nice to have some overhead. The upa-5 would have been a much better option if it was still available. 80 watts is stilla good amount of power espeically if its a solid 80 watts.

Those were pretty much my thoughts exactly.