Has anyone try to use Cornwall III xover in a Cornwall II?

cnguyen

I don't see anytthing significant from the thread you included. Regardless of what drivers K uses the drivers will need to output anywhere from 38hz to 20khz. if I am correct the IIIs has bi-wire option with rectangular plate terminal while the IIs has a round one. The Cornwall design was/is so good that very little change happens over the year. I can order from Klipsch the new xover for the IIIs for $104 each brand new. Now with the new xover from the IIIs I wonder if I could hear the difference between the IIs and IIIs $900 vs $4000?

I don't see anytthing significant from the thread you included. Regardless of what drivers K uses the drivers will need to output anywhere from 38hz to 20khz. if I am correct the IIIs has bi-wire option with rectangular plate terminal while the IIs has a round one. The Cornwall design was/is so good that very little change happens over the year. I can order from Klipsch the new xover for the IIIs for $104 each brand new. Now with the new xover from the IIIs I wonder if I could hear the difference between the IIs and IIIs $900 vs $4000?

If you didn't find it significant, you either didn't read it carefully, or did not understand it. A crossover network is engineered to match the drivers and the acoustics of a specific speaker. Both have changed from the C-II to the C-III in significant ways. Simply connecting a newer network into a speaker isn't going to magically give it better sound.

If you have the knowledge, you could modify the C-III crossover to better match the C-II speaker.