Eliptrac Horn and Faital drivers

The Faital Pro HF200 compression driver with a tractrix horn seems to get mentioned a lot for the high frequency component of a two-way system. I talked to the Faital US rep about the HF204 Compression Driver. The rep mentioned that any possibility of any metalic ringing from the HF200's Titanium diaphragm would be non-existant as the HF204 has a Ketone Polymer diaphragm. Smoother highs and mids is how the HF204 is being touted.

Anyone using either the Faital 200 of 204?

Thanks in advance!

I have been using the HF200 in my two way system and absolutely love them. I have not noticed any ringing problems. Bang for the buck, this is one of the best drivers I have tried. I have yet to find anything better anywhere near that price range.

I run the HF200s with a QSC PLX pro amp with 320W per channel. Needless to say I never get anywhere close to that much power. I currently have the crossover set at 600Hz. I have run it lower, but found that on my setup 600Hz sounded very good.

I have run the Faital HF200 with 100 watts input to the speaker for over an hour crossed at 400hz 1st order with no problems. I cleared that test with Faital before I did that and they had no problem with that.

Bob Crites

That's all good to know. I have two potential ways to go for my tops it seems. It will be a bi-amp system with a TDM active crossover (24db slope 4th order LR design) crossed at 500Hz, and the amp driving the tops is an SAE A210 100wpc power amp.

Method #1: Eliptrac horn with the Faital 200 or 204, gives me a two way speaker.

Method #2: M2380 horn with Selenium D405 plus a CT125, givs me a three way speaker.

....what to do...what to do...