In wall klipsch speakers

Zogman

Looking to set up in wall speakers in my house but no where seems to have them set up to listen to. I have been looking at the 5800 but i am really in the dark.

I have a pair of rb75 that I love but my wife hates she wants them to be hidden. I know I won't get the same quality out of wall speakers but does anything come close?

I have the 5800's and love them. I know there are other series of in-walls, but these are the ones I have and couldn't be happier.

In my system the fronts are RF-35's with RC-35 center, usign the 5800's as surround/rears on the opposite wall of my family room. SVS cylinder sub in one corner along the outside wall. Denon AVR-1804 drives the system in 5.1. My room is an open cathedral ceiling type of floor plan and this setup sounds great.

These speakers are very realistic when called upon for surround duty. I used advice from Michael Colter when installing these, loosely summarized below, assumes installation into an existing wall.

Push fiberglass insulation as far down the space between the wall studs below your cut-out as you can. Same approach for the space above the cutout. Same approach for the space directly behind the speaker, give or take wall thickness and insulation thickness.

Using a squeeze tube of silicone caulk, put a bead of caulk as far up and down the space inside the wall as you can reach, on all drywall / stud joints.

To help fish the speaker wires to the cut-outs for the speakers, I cut out holes at the height of wall outlets and used them to grab the wires and route to the speaker cut-out holes higher up on the wall. These holes are easilly covered with a blank outlet plate cover.

For in-wall wiring, I went with Belden twisted pairs, check Blue Jeans Cables for pricing in bulk, unterminated, Belden 5000 series in 12 gauge in-wall rated is what I think I used.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

Hope this helps, I'm thinking anything in the 5800 or related series will sound great. My wife was ecstatic when she found out I had not installed the RS-35's but had bought the 5800 in-walls instead. Someday I should probably sell the RS-35's, they have not gotten much use.

• Moderators

I would think the 5800 would come close to your Rb's, probably a little less bass ?

We heard some in-walls at a Pilgrimage, they looked like the 5800. I was very surprised at the sound which was wrong on my part because I would guess it's the same drivers as the RF models. I'm not crazy about in-walls but the better models like your talking about sound really good, I would think placement makes a big difference considering you can't move or point them.