How Can I Bi-Amp my Onkyo Ht-R560 for my New Rf-82's?

Raggler

You can Bi Amp your speakers yes. In your Onkyo manual for your 7.1 setup does it have upper speaker. If it does when you wire your speaker the top speaker connection goes to your front upper channel. When I did this I for sure could tell a huge difference but now that I have bought an Amp I went back to single connection. I might try bi amping again once I get another amp.

Chris

Bi-amp will allow you to feed the tweeter and bass driver separately but, each driver will still get the full signal. All the extra power will be wasted in the tweeter. The tweeter does not need as much power as the bass driver. The tweeter will generate heat in the passive crossover to get rid of the extra power. This type of bi-amping differs from active bi-amping, where each driver will get only the signal reqired. Many people feel that there is little to gain with the type of bi-amp that you want to do. An active crossover is before the pre-amp and adds considerable cost to the system. Due to expectation bias, most people feel they hear an improvement. If you search the internet you will not find any objective, measurable data to support passive bi-amping.