Heresy HIP & Subwoofer

EliaLandi

Hi folks!!!

I'm new here, I'm from Italy!

I love klipsch products!

I will receive a pair of heresy type hip next week. I will use them for my home audio setup.

I' ve read in this forum that they are poor in bass reproduction down to 70-90 Hz.

What kind of subwoofer I can use to cover this lack in low frequency?

Thank's!

Ps. Sorry for the poor english!! :)

How high is up?

Decide how low you want it to go, and how loud you want it to play, that will give you an idea of what you need to buy.

I like to reach 25-30 Hz, consider that my stereo system is in the attic. This is about 1000 cubic foot. I was thinking to sw 112 by klipsch!

I will hook up the heresy to a technics se9600 power amplifier, do you think sounds good?

I'd recommend placing them in the corners of the room and taking a listen first before buying anything. You may find the bass satisfactory.

If no, then pick up an EQ and experiment with tailoring the bottom response a bit. The HIP woofer can take quite a bit of persuasion.

If you discover you'd prefer more bass than that, I'd recommend this DIY 30 HZ tapped horn: http://www.volvotreter.de/dl-section.htm