"Sherlock Holmes", seem to have a hole in the sound where
very low sounding voice seem to be indiscernible or so low you can't
hear it. So I was wondering what the specifications were on these
speakers and if there are any recommendations for helping out the low
speech issue?

Quintet (Original series 1) 5.1 speakers
Energy S8.2 Sub
Yamaha RX-V730 Home Theater System

I've been able to play with the settings and it seems that that these speakers have a crossover of 82Hz. The system has been set at 80Hz all these years so I'm guessing the crossover is suppose to be 80Hz. But since I can't find the spec's I printed out years ago I don't know for sure. Seems newer movies are using the full sound range now, where before they didn't. Older stuff still sounds goods.

I've been able to play with the settings and it seems that that these speakers have a crossover of 82Hz. The system has been set at 80Hz all these years so I'm guessing the crossover is suppose to be 80Hz. But since I can't find the spec's I printed out years ago I don't know for sure. Seems newer movies are using the full sound range now, where before they didn't. Older stuff still sounds goods.

Hay there,

I used to own the Quintet II 5.0 system so I'm sure the specs would be very similar. The cross over is way higher then 80Hz. The mains cut off at 100Hz and the center at 110Hz.

I can't see there being much of a difference between the Quintet 1 and Quintet 2, they both used a 3.5 driver and are almost the same size.

I would adjust your cross over to 110-120 if possible on your receiver that should help.