RC 35 Center question

Terry Palmer

Still not liking the RC-35 huh, well even my RC-62, doesnt match my RF-82's but i just have to deal with it, the only way for you is, to maybe get another RF-25, and use it for your center, but im sure its hard to come by, you could try the RC-62, even thought its not timber matched, but it did sound better then the RC-35 though.

I bought my first Klipsch speakers in the fall of 2003. When I auditioned them at Ultimate Electronics, my choices were RF-7, RF-35, RF-25 and RF-15.

Could not afford the RF-7's.

The RF-15s did not do much for me.

The RF-25's had a sweet sound but I kind of liked the size of the RF-35s. Asked the wife if she thought the RF-35s would work in our family room, expecting her to say they were too big but the RF-25s would be OK. She thought the RF-35s were all right so I grabbed them and they are still there today. On balance, the RF-35s were the better choice for me. They rock.

Later I bought an RC-35 center and R-5800 in-walls for rears (surrounds, but in my family room, the back wall is the only option for surrounds).

This system seems to be well matched for timbre. The RC-35 seems to be well matched with the RF-35s across the front and with the R-5800s across the room.

Long story short, my experience is that the RC-35 is a very nice center, and matches well with RF-35s. Perhaps not such a good match with the RF-25s, which had a different sound than the RF-35s. Any chance you could listen to RF-35s with an RC-35?