Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Canceling - Tightness???

Kate M

Hi there,

I've got a question regarding the tightness of the Mode M40 Noise Canceling headphones. I've read everywhere that they are quite tight if you have a rather large head or so. On the other hand, I've seen other comments like that they loosen after you've worn them for about a week, others said that they will never get less tight. But there were also reviews from January 2012 which stated that Klipsch is working on a solution in order to reduce the tightness by 20%.

Now for my question: are they really that tight? Or better: have they already resolved that problem and are the newer headphones now less tight?

Thanks so much for your answers! Very much appreciated! ;))

I own a pair of Klipsch M40 and did feel they were tight originally right out of the box the first time I used. Fairly quickly thightness issue resolved itself on its own, approxmentaly in about an hour into my first four hour flight. That was last April 2012.

Today, I think maybe stiff would be a better word to describe what I was feeling, rather than tightness. No longer an issue for me, I love the noise canceling, works great while onboard a jet or in the house with half dozen rambucious youngsters.

Hope my comments help, all the best, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your answer! This is what I was also thinking - in the beginning it'll feel tight or as you say, stiff, but I'm confident that it's going to be better in time. I mean, the more you wear them, the more you get used to them, right?! ;)

Have a great day & all the best for you too!

Kate

• 4 months later...