Jubilee?

B-BOOM

Word on the street is that it will be back soon.

I think it will be in the low $10's, like $12,000. Look in the professional, behind-screen movie theater speakers, there is a Jubilee their, $6,500 each.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Thanks, I found it. The Jubillee reads very interesting, I don't suppose your friend there gave you any cutaway drawings Wink.gif OTOH, I wonder about the claim that it can go to 1000 Hz. One of the (lesser) problems with the (measured) response of the K-horns (and LaScalla/Belle) was the interference between the two sides of the horn mouth. PWK discussed this in a Dope From Hope around 1961. My memory (don't have the issue in front of me) was that it was around 250 Hz. Paul said something about tightening driver specs, again, I am relying on memory of a document I haven't seen recently (I just moved and still setting up my library). It would seem that this problem would be intrinsic to any two-path symmetrical horn.

B-Boom...note in that thread that they are crossing over to the mid/high horn at 800Hz, tho...maybe that's why!

Ever thought of scanning in all those "Dope from Hope" flyers onto a web-site? Would be a boon to alot of the readers of this forum!! Just a thought!! Smile.gif

Of course I wasn't given any drawings...hell...they know what I would do with them!!! Hell, I was builder!!!...LOL!...They wouldn't want me to have a set of Jubilees in my home before they even have a chance to begin marketing the home version, would they?...LOL! Smile.gif

I kinda think a walnut-veneered-panel version of the bass bin of the Jubilee would look pretty cool with a tractrix "salad-bowl" horn turned turned from stacked black walnut and shot with some nice satin urethane finish...atop it....just a thought...Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-06-2002 at 01:26 PM