Promedia 5.1 - death by lightning

ptack

So, as has happened to at least one other member in the past, my excellent 5.1 system was taken down by a lightning strike on our houes (also hit were 2 PCs - needing 2 new motherboards). The fuse in the subwoofer is fine so that means it's probably one of the circuit boards and there seems to be no fix for that. I hate to toss the whole thing out. The 5 speakers are still good. Is there any way to resuse these - maybe with a new Klipsch subwoofer? I'm so disappointed that almost no one still makes quality 5.1 systems. I'm thinking Edifier or Corsair if I have to toss the Klipsch.

Ptack

Yes, on everything, but it made no diference. The surge protectors didn't work and in the case of the Klipsch the fuse didn't work either, but electrical fields can to that. I hate to throw all those speakers away.

• 2 weeks later...

stpeteshepherd occasionally comes to the forums here. He has been known to repair/upgrade the sub amps. If you just want another sub amp, then he has one here for sale all ready to go complete with upgraded higher quality components and internal cooling.

Either way, you may be able to contact him through his Ebay page.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-5-1-ProMedia-THX-Computer-Speakers-Amplifier-upgraded-cooling-parts-/230832350067?pt=US_Computer_Speakers&hash=item35beae2373#ht_3556wt_1398