Carpet spikes

Rewster

I know this may be a simple answer, but I wanted to find carpet spikes for my RF82's and wonder first if I needed special ones or would any carpet spike work and two should I get them online or somewhere local. I live in L.A., CA

• Moderators

IMO, any carpet spikes will do as long as they have the right size thread. Did you call Klipsch Parts? They might still have them in stock.

It is my understanding that the purpose of spikes is to prevent the speaker from moving when the bass hits. If the speaker moves when the bass hits, it "could" effect the sound. My guess is you would never be able to hear the difference between having the spikes on and having them off. Others are welcome to chime in on their thoughts.

What you say makes a lot of sense the reason I wanted them was I noticed that the speakers rocked a little when I pushed them and I thought the carpet might be a little to thick and the spikes would go thru the carpet and stabilize them and if they did not cost much not really a loss. I will contact Klipsch parts like you suggested and see what they have.

• Moderators

I noticed that the speakers rocked a little when I pushed them and I thought the carpet might be a little to thick and the spikes would go thru the carpet and stabilize them

You are correct, the spikes will stabalize the speaker as you can adjust the height of each spike to get the speaker to sit level and secure.