Quintet speaker upgrade

madrix

Recently I replaced my Promedia sattelites with Quintet sattelites for better performance. Ofcourse I had to rework the enclosed crossover by removing the power limiting resistors to match the amplifier signal and power. However there is one problem...I do not know the actual Quintet impedances of the midrange and tweeter speakers so I cannot calculate the new inductor and capacitor values for 120Hz and 4900Hz respectively. Also do you have any idea why the crossovers use bipolar capacitors and which filter order and type they use? Please if you are a crossover expert help me!!

This forum was created for professional audio equipment. You should post your question where it is valid. You are talking about the Quintet speakers on a ProMedia amp. Since your question involves crossovers and whatnot, you should post your question in the Home Theater forum where the Quintets are discussed.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>