wtf was i thinking when i bought the 4.1s

drew

this is just terrible

i spent a hard earned $300 on these speakers (i'm on my 3rd set of them from returning other 2 defective sets) and I've regreted buying them ever since.

first set: nothing, no led, no sound, no power, NOTHING.

second set: burning smell coming from amp

this set: blown subs, VERY loud sound from all 4 satellites with power on OR off, control pod taken off speaker 2nd day after I brought them home to avoid loud speaker output (weird).

I am VERY dissapointed in the quality of kipshch!

I am not one for bitching but this gets annoying to the point where I just want to take them to court.

Tomorrow, I will go buy those Logitech Z-560 series speakers and give them a try.

Please spread the word to the klipsch technicians how many outraged customers they have because I know I'm not the only one with this opinion after reading all the other posts about hissing speakers and what not.

thank you for your time

drew

This message has been edited by drew on 06-07-2002 at 07:49 AM

Oh ya, incase you're wondering,

I used my speakers for gaming (counter-strike and testing demos for gamesdomain.com), listening to mp3's, and making music with Fruityloops 3.

And on my 2nd set of speakers, the burning smell started about 2 weeks after I had them, until then they were hissing like snakes and whenever the slightest breeze might of hit the wires in the back of the satellites and moved the metal connector, it was screechy.

I grew up hearing "you get what you pay for" all the time from my father, but in this case, I'm affraid he was wrong.

btw u can buy the z-560's at http://www.pagecomputers.com/cgi-bin/page/B1388336.html for only $115

This message has been edited by drew on 06-07-2002 at 08:01 AM

• Moderators

drew,

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. Where did you get the speakers, and did you get your replacements through us directly? If so, please send me your RA information, so I can see what the problem was with your returns.

Thanks,

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Did you pay cash/check or Credit/Debit card?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by drew:

cash

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... where did you buy it? compusa? did you get their warranty? have you talked to them? they sometimes make exceptions, they did for me the other day with my faulty linksys routers, paid cash w/o receipt and they still let me exchange for a new one because I was on file (name, address, phone)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

well, I didnt have the box and supposedly these 4.1's are discontinued because they had 0 on order and only ones in the store were the ones in storage...the old demo speakers! so they gave me them and I didn't want those, gross, so i pawned them and got a whole entire 50 bucks, thanks klipsch for making me burn $250!

This message has been edited by drew on 06-07-2002 at 11:06 PM

no one told you to pawn them. you would have gotton more money on eBay, and still, i bet that you could hv egotton them exchanged at compusa. even when you might not be able to, i have been able to get things returned or fixed for other people, i would have made a call.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support