Question about Image S4 II headphone cable

jka

I don't know if this is a problem or a undocumented feature!

I have a brand new set of the S4 II headphones. The rubber block where the audio cable
transitions from two individual earpiece thin wires into a single wider jacketed cable
that extends to the phone jack has come apart. It appears that this leaves the two individual wires vulnerable
to breakage. The The top of the rubber block slides up the pair of individual cables, almost as if it was designed this way to take up the slack in the individual cables. I have contacted Klipsch and sent them a picture of the cable,they said to send them back for warranty replacement. But I am not exactly sure if this piece is broken or designed this way, Sucks that I have to shell out $10 in postage to return a brand new product for warranty replacement. If anybody has a pair of these phones can they tell me if they are having a similiar situation with theirs?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

My name is Chris, and I am the product manager for headphones at Klipsch. I'd like to apologize for the confusion. After I saw this post I contacted our customer service team to get a copy of the image that you sent them. The headphone that you have is in no way defective. It is built exactly to our specifications. The movable part in question is called a cinch and serves the purpose you described- it allows the user to take slack out from between the cables. As for any concerns that you may have regarding the connection of the cables at that point, rest assured that we test our headphones to the most rigorous standards in the industry and have very low failure rates on our products.

Thanks,

Chris