crossover problems

mikestanley

Thank you for your certain answer. With all respect extended, I could ask a bit more about your answer. On this board, the coil in question in connected between contact 1 of the T2A and the positive terminal of the squawker. The is also a 3 micro farad capacitor between the positive and neg of the squawker. The coil is not physically small, standing nearly 1.5 inches tall and 1 diameter. The coil wire is quite heavy. I have not seen any schematic with this design. Have you seen this before?

Regards,

Mike

The 500uH inductor and 3uF cap form a roll off on the squawker preventing it going as high as it would if allowed to roll off naturally. I am not sure why Klipsch did that since the squawker was not going to go much above 6khz even without that circuit. Perhaps it is there to match up a bunch of the THSRs and make them sound more alike by making them roll off at the same frequency.

I have never seen an official Klipsch schematic for that crossover. I have made myself a hand drawn one from when I have worked on them before.

Bob Crites