Cleaning Forte II grills

steelglam

Hello,

I have a pair of Forte II's, which have the dark-colored grills and the rectangular copper badge at the top. There is some embedded white gunk in the fabric of the grills, and I'd like to clean it out. Compressed air doesn't work...it needs to be sprayed or soaked with something. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've seen folks recommend Oxi Clean, but usually I see that recommended for white/cane grills. And I think that Oxi Clean has a bleaching agent; if so, I was thinking that using that on the dark grill may change its color. Maybe I'm wrong about this though.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi there.

Do you know what the "white gunk" is?

I have taken my grills off and sprayed them with water and air dried in the shade outside. Worked fine. The grill fabric on these will pill if you scrub too much. Kind of like flannel. Be carefull...

Maybe soak in tub with MILD, no bleach detergent, then rinse.

I don't have a pic at the moment. And I'm not sure what the gunk is. It's not gum. It's kind of streaky and faint.

I was actually thinking of just soaking them in the tub with some dish soap, mild lathering by hand, and then air drying.

I've also heard of folks using Bissel or Woolite foam fabric/upholstery cleaner, and going real easy with a brush.