Rythmic F15

ChipByrd

I'd try it out with some overlap (fortes full range, sub low passed 80-100 or so), and the gain reeled way down to start. Think Geddes approach. Room modal response is a huge bugaboo that simply adding another source of bass will greatly ameliorate.

If you have an Omnimic in your toybox, use it to get ideal placement and settings for your sub. If not, just be judicious with the level you set the sub to. It will probably be lower than you expect.

You want to feel the subsonics, you'll want to hear smooth bass throughout your room (bigger sweet-zone bonus), but not necessarily more bass. When it's set up reasonably close to right, it won't draw attention to itself at all, sonically speaking. If it's localizable, reduce the low pass setting slightly. Male vocals chesty, reduce the low pass. Too hot or boomy, reduce the gain.

I recommend you crack out the Jaco Pastorius, maybe a Morphine album or two, and whatever else you have that's ripe in the bass through the mids, and tweak away.

Well, my Rythmic came. It is simply amazing! I spend about two hours last night getting it tuned in, and still have some tweaks to make, but I am super impressed. I have heard guys say that subs only impact a small percentage of the music we listen to. That seems to be the case. But when that small percentage is done right (like through a Rythmic sub) it is glorious.