Help with identification PLEASE!

swandivr

I've got an ad for Klipsch Forte's in my local paper.I just got a call from a lady who has a pair of Klipsch's,

but she does not know the model.Can anyone help identify them?The only info she could find on the back

was the letters KM4,and the serial number..361594341.

She related to me the following dimensions 33h x 11w x

10 1/2d.She was doing the measuring with a tape measure,

so I am assuming she was accurate.Shw said she thought her ex had purchased them in 96 or 97.I know they are not the forte's I am looking for,but the price she quoted me sounds good,and comes with a subwoofer.(all Klipsch)..Any help w/ identification would be great!

This message has been edited by swandivr on 06-11-2002 at 12:20 PM

She did not say which model it was.I'll leave a message on her machine to have a look at the back of the sub,and see if she can give me a model.If it is a good sub,it might be a decnt deal,but would have to sell off the KM 4s.I don't think I would be satisfied with the speakers,as they would not compare to Forte's,

imo.

You should definately inspect these speakers before you make a deal. The "M" in the KM-4 designation stands for military. There is a good chance these speakers were bought overseas on a military base and therfore have been shipped at least once. I believe these speakers are the same as KG-3.5. If these speakers are in perfect shape...it is a fair deal...if they are a bit beaten up...I'd pass.

Good Luck

Dave

I purchased them today.They were bought locally by this woman and her ex in Aug '96.They appear to be in excellent condition and had been used very little.Paid

$125.The sub is a SWV,and of course is only an 8in powered,but it will suffice for now.All I have to do is figure out how to hook up the sub,I've never had one before...but will figure it out.cwm1.gif

Thanks for the help and advice guys.