Sub-12 problem ! please help

mikebmw77

Hi guys, I bought a used non-fonctional sub-12. The blue light is on and I have no sound coming from the sub, if I rev up the volume on my receiver to the mmax, you can barely hear the bass from the sub. Like you realy have to focus the hear it.

I tried another sub on my reciever and it works fine.

I tested the sub only, without the amp on the front right speaker channel and it worked, so the problem is from the amplifier (bash).

I know it's easy to replace it but I would like to repair it myself. It's like a hobby for me.

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to the forum!

As this is a relatively late model sub, call Klipsch parts department and see if you can purchase a replacement amp. I assume you have tried the high level inputs to confirm your assumption that the amp is dead. Also, you might want to crack the amp open and see if there is a fuse. Sometimes it's the simple stuff....

I opened it, and everything looks fine, it does'nt smell burned. ...... My question is : how to fix it ? .

Did you try the high power inputs as I stated before? Have you tried this sub on another receiver? Is the sub driver fried?

There is no easy answer. If you were adept at electronics, you would likely not be asking the question. If you know of a repair shop, perhaps you can take it there for them to diagnose the problem. A simple but not cheap thing to do would be to call Klipsch parts and see if they sell replacement plate amps or sub driver.