Help needed with box design.

sootshe

I've decided to put together a set of Cornscala's & want to have the dimensions appropriate to my current Elliptrac mid horn set up , so they will vary a little in the dimensions of the usual styles...........................................To that end, I've downloaded Win ISD to design the dimensions & calculate the port dimensions & my question relates to the dimensions of the port, or ports, as the case may be................................................................I have 4 spare Precision Ports (4" diam) so am keen to use these, as opposed to the standard slot type port in the bottom of the cabinet. I have no experience using Win ISD so I'm just wanting to check things before I start cutting wood. I've attached some screen shots of the results. The programs recommendation when using 2 x 4" ports per cabinet is that they be 3.12 " in length (79.2mm). If I change the design to using just a single port, it says that the port should be only 3mm in length.....................................................................So my question is, are these calculations correct? Maybe I'm not using the program correctly? It just seems strange that with 2 ports the length of the port is 79.2mm & with 1 port the length computes as 3mm...................................I've adjusted the total volume as 6.7ft3 to allow for bracing & such..................... Any help appreciated..............................Thanks,...............................John

post-32839-13819826235656_thumb.jpg