Interference question

Shakira

Okay, I know the manual says to keep the sub at least 10" away from your monitor, but does it hold true for the computer too?

I have the sub on the floor near the computer and wondered if I was in for any nastiness because of it.

------------------

Shakira

Do! The Toxic Waltz!

Though it will probably not cause a problem, it is best to not keep a computer next to the subwoofer for too long. for me it was only a temporary situation.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

No it is not a good idea to place the sub too close to the pc tower and I'll tell you why:

1) The subwoofer is not magnetically shielded. If placed too close to th pc tower, it can damage your computer (despite Juetin's experience with the sub) Chances are if Justin had left it there long enough, it would start to damage/corrupt the data on his disk drives.

2) Hard drives are sensitive to vibrations. If shaken too hard, the needle can misalign with the disk. If this happens you will most likely hear louder then normal ticking sounds and your computer would start to lock up periodically. This will get worse until eventually your hard drive fails.

AT LEAST 10" away is safe.

-UP

------------------

Will you marry me Natalie Portman? What? No? Awwww man.. Why not?

quote:

Originally posted by DamianG123:

Most computer cases are magnetically shielded.

? don't think so. but i could be wrong.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>