Unable to reset Gallery G17 Air

drobaina

Here's the link to the owner's manual:

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/3579/media_document/live_1/G17AirManual32.pdf?1330746992

The reset button (on the back of the speaker) only clears the name of the G-17 during setup. To have it connect to your WiFi here is the verbaige from the manual (this describes the bottom button on the right side of the speaker):

WIRELESS CONNECT: When Power is turned on, Wireless Connect LED flashes fast Blue, then changes to slow Blue flash, indicating G-17 Air is looking for network. When connected to network, LED is solid Blue (if initial network connection setup is completed). LED is flashing Purple during initial network setup (see AirPlay Network Setup) and flashes Purple as you cycle through inputs with the Input button as follows: AirPlay input, flashes Purple once; USB input, flashes Purple twice; 3.5mm input, flashes Purple three times

• 4 weeks later...

When it flashes blue slowly push and hold the same button till it starts to flashing purple rapidly. That's when it is looking for a connection source. It will then stay a constant purple. Now check your source device for a connection labled Klipsch _G17 Air (or something like that.

If you want to connect directly to a source via the USB or 1/8" plug do NOT train the AirPlay as listed above. Just push the G17's power button and physically connect your source device and play.

Right, that's what the instructions say.

This is what the light on mine does when I plug it in:

Solid red light,

then rapidly flashing blue light,

and then straight to slowly flashing purple light.

I cannot get my G-17 to work the way that the instructions say it should. I can't get it to show up on the list of available wireless networks even after I refresh the list.

I've also held the wireless button while it was slowly flashing purple for at least 2 minutes with no response.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...