A

Axz Hout

good question....first in the LB-76, a T2A with the core removed is used in the tweeter circut.....its not used to do the traditional 2X, 4X, 8X impedeance multiplicaation as is done with a tradition type AA crossover mid circut.......the T2A with out the core just happens to provide the correct values for as indicated in the attached circut....in as much as if you ever needed the .5 mh inductor used in a lot of tweeter circuts, you can use a 2.5mh woofer inductor with the core pulled.....the only air core autoformer I know of suitable for use as a T2A is the zero impedeance match autoformer which runs 300 a pair in the used market.....the reason you don't see a lot of air core T2A used on this forum is becuase the T2A's are always in line with a large capacitor which prevents the low band saturation from occurring.

post-22082-13819829640822_thumb.jpg

So would it be of any gain in sonic quality to wind an air coil T2A? For mid range and tweeter attenuation. Cost not being a factor? chris

one could argue air core vs solid core, but few would argue litz wire vs regular solid conductor.

I am liking my AA crossovers more and more. How would they come up with the one you posted? That is just out there! Surprise chris

you would not like the LB-76 xover. It's a PA xover which soaks music below and above the PA audio band in exchange for less distortion and greater power handling. Think of it as a very very wide mid range reproducer which overlaps into the mid bass and into the MHF.