kg4's and a mcintosh 240

gotta be quick, im in a hurry but please help me im in desperate need. my kg4s have a nominal impedence of 4ohms. does this mean that i have to run my mac poweramp on 4 as well, or can i go to 8? i tried the amp on 8 ohms and it sounded like God! but when i switch her to 4ohms the sound is murky and not nearly as punchy and crisp. the amp has been retubed and rebiases itself, so i know that isn't a problem, all i need to know is if it will hurt the voice coils, another part of the speaker or, god forbid, my poweramp. i know i can rewire the speakers to run at 8ohms, if necessary, but i don't know where to find the schematics for a fifteen year old pair of speakers. if i didn't love them so much, i wouldn't get so worked up, but i don't know how to handle this. please please please help me out. i would really appreciate an answer to the nominal impedence question, and if you know where i can get my hands on the schematics for these 1985 kg4 klipsch, i'll make a statuette of you for my garden. thanks a lot..shannon