New KLF 30 problem.

Salata

I just received new KLF 30 which I bough from Ubid. They are under warranty. But looks like they are B-stock or something, anyway midrange horns in both of them are defective and not playing. Magnets are loose. I bough them for $ 1050 (shipping included). So my options are ship them back to Ubid for refund or repair them under warranty. Maybe someone tell me how Klipsch handle cases like that, who pays for shipping. This is huge disappointment for me, after long waiting time something like that happens to me. Any advise will be very helpfull.

This message has been edited by Salata on 06-21-2002 at 05:18 PM

Doubt they're B-Stock if they are beat up might be due to shipping. Have you considered doing a litte exploratory surgery? Remove the 8 screws that hold in the Mid Horn and check to see if the speaker wire is indeed hooked up or maybe one as come off. As well the magnet could have come off just reseat it gently hand tighten I believe they wrap the treads with teflon tape.

As well I received a set of KLF 30's from UBID which one corner was a bit on the damaged side cosmeticlly (I'd say less then an inch where the veneer as been pushed up and out) it's not to noticable thus I debated on taking action but I got the pair for such a song including shipping I decided against it!

Anybody else got any ideas?

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

Sorry to hear about your problem...I too just purchased my KLF-30's from UBid about 2 weeks ago and mine work fine...I would suggest to get it repaired by klipsch if you really like these speakers...if you look in the owners manual, in the second paragraph I think you will have to pay for the shipping to get it fixed...that's going pain...by the time you get it back you would probably paid $1,200 for the whole thing...If not get your money back from Ubid and by a different klipsch product...

------------------

Michael Tangonan

Salata

I Love mein 30's but like you I shudder at the thought of moving the b*ggers about any more than I have to!

It is not just the sheer poundage but given the cabinet dimensions - 1 person Can lift and move the SOB's but with some difficulty - (Hey bucko I'm 58!!). The height to width/depth ratio makes those puppies a challenging load.

Glad to hear that you got your problem sorted because - see line 1.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Just reread your post:

What did you mean when you wrote - "magnets were loose"

A. Did you mean that the speakers were a little loose on the front panel - (not normal but not a big deal if tightened down - No need to torque 'em like the mains on a 440 BTW though - snug is good enough)!

B. Are you saying that the speaker baskets remain in place but the magnet assembly can be moved?

If A. - No Problema Senor

If B. - Houston! We Have a Problem!!

Let us know which situation you are facing!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

With six KLF-30's on the second floor and being a "buco" six years OLDER than lynnm I know the up close and personal aspects of hauling KLF-30's up stairs. And now you know why my 170+ lbs. Klipschorns live in a downstairs music room.

I have had two pair of KLF-30's and one pair of KLF-10's shipped to me. Early in the came I learned from BobG that Legend drivers on the Tractrix horn can come out if the boxes are dropped over on their backs... and the process can knock a wire off too! The problem occurred often enough that Klipsch has avoided similar designs in subsequent speakers.

Fortunately, they go back together easily and don't require any shipping to repair. Call 1-800-KLIPSCH and talk to Trey if you can... he will walk you through the simple procedure. But it looks like you, Salata already have the situation well in hand.

Enjoy! cwm32.gif HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

Had a similar problem when I picked up my first set of KLF 30's. Magnet simpley was not tightened enough on the back of the horn thus hand tighting did the trick so on the safe side we hooked it up at the dealer and no problems for the exception of moving them to my second floor flat!

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J