mounting drivers from the inside like heritage speakers

biglaz

If I were doing it, I'd make a template

Measure the rectangle you want from looking at mouth of the horn. Then draw that on a piece of cardboard, like a corn flakes box.

Cut out the rectangle. Now place that on the mouth of the horn and tape into place. Then use a pencil through the back of the holes in the horn to mark the screw holes.

You will probably want to expand on the concept using a large piece of cardboard. Walgreen's has the stuff used for school projects. You can trace out the tweeter and midrange this way, even the woofer and vent (if any).

To get the right angles will require a tee-square, large graph paper, or drawing triangles.

I noticed that some holiday wrapping paper has a 1 inch by 1 inch grid on the back. Maybe that can be used as graph paper.

In any event, you get the idea and can carry on according to what you have on hand.

Please post pictures.

WMcD

I'm a huge fan of making templates to do things like this.

I will draw things in MS Visio and the print to my laser printer, but any half decent drawing program will do.

Laser printers are very accurate in their printed distance/size.

If I need something bigger than 8.5x11, I'll use legal paper or tape sheets together as I print a graph paper background on each sheet