Best sound card for Promedia 4.1 THX on WIN7-64 bit system?

ErDrRon

All,

I have a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 THX system that I love but my current computer's integrated sound card (Realtek HD) doesn't support it. Any recommendations for an add-in sound card for a Win7, 64-bit machine that will fully support the 4.1, both with drivers and with connections?

Thanks!

Ron

I hope someone helps with this question, as I have the exact same setup. In my case, the Realtek Sound Manager program gives me a test tone out of all 4 satellites, but games and music will only come out of the front two speakers. Also, you probably already have noticed, none of the speaker arrangements via Realtek support the 4.1 system. 4.0 mebbe, though again, not in actual usage. I'm also looking into upgrading to a better sound card than the pathetic SB x-fi extreme card I installed in my gaming PC build, mistakenly thinking that it would be an improvement over the on-board sound. Not even close.

Great good luck to you.

EDIT: I was watching the Steam videos concerning their weekend specials, and I was shocked to hear all four satellites working correctly. Tried a YouTube video and back to just the fronts. Very strange.

• 4 weeks later...