Are my KG 4's not so relevant as rears?

Sepen

Since Sept of last year I have put together a Klipsch system consisting of Fortes, Academy and KG 4's for the rear.

They are driven by a B&K 200x7 amp.

I have had Crites work done on all and they sound fantastic. Put a smile on my face everytime I fire them up.

I have a rather large room I guess, around 3300 cu ft. I also have Axiom QS4's for the surround.

If I just run 5.1 it sounds great, and when I switch to 7.1 it also sounds fine, but I don't see much

improvement over 5.1. What I am saying it seems like a waste to have those beautiful KG 4's sitting in the rear

and not really hearing them sing. I disconnected them the other day and have bee running KG 1.2's and really can't tell much of a difference.

What I may do next is put new Ti Mids in my Fortes, put RS 42's in place of the Axioms, and may sell the KG 4's. Am I

stupid for selling them? Is my hearing gone that much that I don't see much of an improvement with those big guys?

I have also run the 4's in front and they really sound nice. But the Fortes are them and then some.

• Moderators

Is my hearing gone that much that I don't see much of an improvement with those big guys?

My guess is it has little to do with the speakers and much more to do with the content and amound of info that is sent to the surround back channels. I'm sure if you compared the 1.2 with the KG 4's as your main speakers, you would hear a considerable difference.