Amp Question

Could you (if you wanted) hook one speaker up to the "a" out put on an amp with putting a positive wire from the left and a negitive wire from the right up to one speaker and then do the same for the "b" output? would this give the speakers more power?

Thanx

------------------

My 2 cents...

I'll put it on your tab. :)

LNEtubaPLYR,

The result might depend on the wiring of the amplifiers (right and left) involved, but some likely results would be:

1) only hearing sounds that are NOT in the center channel,

2) hearing nothing,

3) amplifier damage.

More power would NOT be a result. I wouldn't recommend doing what you described.

leok

LNEtubaPLYR - What you are describing sounds like what one does when bridging an amp. Many home amps are not designed to work when bridged, like my Acurus for example, and you could damage the amp that way.

As to getting more power, that's unlikely as the Spkr A and Spkr B posts are just usually hooked in parallel off the right and left amps, so you are using the same power to drive 2 pairs of speakers with a lower impedance.

IMHO, of course...

Doug

------------------

My System

Tuba

Dont do it.

The A - B outputs on your amp split the same signal output. Since it is the same source amplification - Connecting it to the same speaker will not produce more power.

Doug

A bridged amp takes the L & R amp sections of a sterio amp and combines it into a single more powerfull mono amp. Some run in parrellel to the positive output and some brands do a groundless push pull where the amp uses one of the channels to pull the speaker.

JM