Can I "Marry" an Altec MR94B MantaRay Horn / Altec 291 (16 ohm - not 8 ohm) series Driver to a 1975 N series Khorn woofer?

nola

Can I "Marry" an Altec MR94B MantaRay Horn / Altec 291 (16 ohm - not 8 ohm) series Driver to a 1975 N series Khorn woofer? I recently received a set of three Altec MR94B Horns, 34656 Throat Adapters, and 291-16K drivers. They began life at Duke Stadium in NC.1 driver tested out at 3 ohms on the multimeter. Other 2 were around 14 ohms, and had a little sound production at testing. The first did not emit any sound when tested with the multimeter. Most other speaker terminals on a mix of other speakers I have had 6-7 ohms. The seller replaced the terminals for the drivers. I might have a problem with the first driver despite this. There is no label on the drivers, but I have no reason to doubt that they are 291s vs 288s. My Khorns should be 8 ohms. The Altecs seem to be 16 ohms. I have both AA and ALK Universal crossovers. What changes need to made in them to use the Altecs as a 2 way system? Or do I need a completely new xover? Can I "plonk" the very large Altec system on top of the Khorn, bypass the existing midrange and tweeer horns, and use the Klipsh ?K33 woofer with the 94B as a 2 way system? I think the frequency response curves might have a dip around 350-500 HZ. I suspect that the Altecs, due to size, might project a bit forward from the Khorn cabinet. I hope to do more testing this weekend. Any suggestions appreciated. I have also posted similar Qs re Altec 511 horns at:The Klipsch Community » Klipsch Home Audio » Technical Questions » Qs On USABLE Frequency Range of K-33, K-55 (V and M), K-77, (and Heresy II equivs)http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/122037.aspx Other possibly related link:Analysis of Klipschorn and La Scala cabinets with several drivers lists info on several drivershttp://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/117141.aspxThe horns are painted in light blue and are flaking. As the horns are fiberglass, many folks are skiddish as to how to undue the old paint job. I would prefer basic black. I think that was the original color. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks -- NOLA