sub made my heart rattle!

sesquim

Hi all~! 2 months ago my friend invited me to go for a vacation with her to the philippines... and when I was ther they had this sound system contest as to which one is the loudest and best sound system.. and ther sound systems where HUGE!!!! All the speakers where probably 21 inches.. and the thing that amazed me was that this people made it themselves and when I was 15 feet away in the front of the sound system I can feel my heart vibrating from the sound I guess and they were very very loud~! now... I dont know much bout audio but all I know was that they had tweeters and speakers..but I dont know if they had subwoofers or anything like that... All I saw was tweeters and lots and lots of huge speakers! And it was very loud and it made my heart vibrate! I never felt anything like that before! and they wern't even playing any BOOM BOOM or techno music too.. just some filipino music that I didn't understand.. man that was crazy! I videod the system and if i'm not too lazy i'll look for it and post it here.. oh ya I asked one of the operators ther and he said each sound system is about 10 000 watts.. or more.. So do any of you guys with high power expensive subwoofers or speakers system ever felt ther heart rattle or vibrate while listening to music? I know some of u guys have better "quality" but all I care about is "Loud" hehe.. I think its dangerous but o well.. hehe.. good thing it didn't stop my heart! hahhaha!

------------------

»®»ŦħĄňķŜ«®«

»®»Life Is Góód«®«

»®»Its All Gööd«®«

Sounds like fun. I need to find a recording studio with 24, 18" woofs in it.

Bass is my favorite part about ALL of this hobby. Thats why I have a movie theater sub.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Forrset has an SVS Ultra!Just one!

Forrest I dont want to be rude but your couch did not move because of the Ultra or those over boosted "depth charges" in the realistic move that is U571 1/2.

The couch moved when the steak you had mixed with the tall glass of milk! LOL The stench must have been horrendous

Hope you had your windows open at the time.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 06-29-2002 at 11:07 PM

Earmite As I have told I have Dual Ultra. That means 2. LOL I used Ultra like Deer. Deer can mean 1 or 2 Deers. LOL And what is with you and the obsession with the gastrointestinal System??? Did Sunflower Subs give you a free 1 Year Supply of Prune Juice with those laggards??? MUHAHAHA

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World

Forrest Gump,

My gastrointestinal system is A ok,thank you. cwm3.gifcwm27.gif

Yes Sunflower Corp. have me a one year supply of prune juice and a FREE sonosub to make my own chimney!

Go listen to some Hollywood blockbuster at HornEd's reference brain damage level of 120dB and come back only when you lose 3dB of hearing sensitivity!

U571 1/2 is a great joyride and so realsitic it makes me cry each time i pop this DVD in my player.The drama,the human factor its so good. cwm14.gif

And the depth charges cwm3.gif

Bug's Life has better sound effects!

TheEAR(s) Now theears