ProMedia 5.1 Hissing, Popping, and Very ODD sounds

Hi, i have had my Klipsch Speakers for about 6 months now and they have been great till just last night, when they started to make a very LOUD popping and hissing sound. Also when this first started i could hear sound coming out of the speakers, but now you just hear a muffle sound with some bass and thats it.

I have read the users manauls but nothing in there helped. I have checked my cables coming from my sub

and connecting to my sound card. i have tweaked all my sound settings on my computer but nothing has solved this problem. The only time the sound problems stop is if i turn off my system or mute it, but the thing is when i mute it, it makes a very weird sound that fades away after 10 seconds. it is the sound of a old tv set being turned off

I am thinking it is my control pod causing these problems, cause when i move the cable connecting to the pod the popping and hissing tone changes.

Also I think my power cable is defective, when i move the power cable it also does the same thing but in a different way. I have registered for the warranty incase somthing like this happend. I was also wondering how long it would take to get a replacement control pod and power cable if those are the problems.

Thanks for your time

-MysticMentor-

This is the wrong forum, but don't worry about that. You need to call Klipsch ASAP with the promedia contact info in my signature. email them now, then call monday when they open.

what is your serial number? the white sticker on the back of the subwoofer.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

No problem. I am sorry to say that you are one of the unlucky few that may have gotton a ProMedia 5.1 with the hybrid transister problem.

Your serial number dictates that you have the 2001 edition promedia's in the "H" shipment, the eigth shipment. With the shipments from "J" and up, the failure rate has been far less than 1%.

Contact Klipsch ProMedia support using the information in my signature.

if you try to go to the SoundWise Support link in my signature, you will be brought to the wrong page. FOr now, unltil i gix my signature, use this direct link to the site.

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>