Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer to receiver

Neno

Hi there,

I've had the Promedia 2.1 for about 8 years, good sound but one problem: the control pod, so the whole system ended up stored in the basement.

Now I bought a receiver: Pioneer VSX-822-K with a nice pair of Polk tower speakers.

I miss the bass of my Klipsch. Is there a way to connect the subwoofer from my Promedia 2.1 to the Sub-Preamp in my receiver?

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see how you'd be able to accomplish this without the control pod. I've done this exact thing with a promedia ultra sub but the control pod was still necessary to power the unit on and off. The major difference is the 2.1 control pod not only controls power on/off but is also what provides the audio signal input to the sub/speakers. So another words, you would use that 3.5mm wire with the male end from the pod (i.e. headphone jack) and then you would use an rca to 3.5mm converter then to your receiver sub preout.

this would be a good start: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-ProMedia-2-1-Speaker-Control-Pod-/141035475197?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item20d65e90fd

Hope that helps.

post-58435-13819858243568_thumb.jpg