Altec Lansing Model 15 on Craigslist - any good for the 2nd / bedroom system?

Serge_S

At $1000, he better be selling you two sets of Model 15s.

Thanks Dave. Prices have been getting out of hand in Buffalo for the past year for some reason. There's a Forte listed now for $850 and I saw few other Heritage speakers, mostly Heresy, priced very high. Maybe the secret is out.

Are the Altecs any good? Which Klipsch Heritage speaker would they compare to?

Those were listed on Ebay and didn't sell for the $950 he was asking. IN NEW CONDITION ALTEC LANSING SUPER MODEL 15 STELLAR PERFORMANCE

I couldn't say if they are as spectacular as they say, but they are two way bass reflex. I don't think there is a heritage that is a two way. They are all three way unless I am forgetting something. I'd venture to say these are probably closest to a Forte or Cornwall. If you are patient, you will find some heritage speakers. It seems like they are scarce one day, and falling out of trees the next. $1,000 seems high to me.

Those were listed on Ebay and didn't sell for the $950 he was asking. IN NEW CONDITION ALTEC LANSING SUPER MODEL 15 STELLAR PERFORMANCE

I couldn't say if they are as spectacular as they say, but they are two way bass reflex. I don't think there is a heritage that is a two way. They are all three way unless I am forgetting something. I'd venture to say these are probably closest to a Forte or Cornwall. If you are patient, you will find some heritage speakers. It seems like they are scarce one day, and falling out of trees the next. $1,000 seems high to me.

Thanks mustang guy. I'm gonna pass on those. I did more research and it does look like one can get altec model 19 for this price.