Mobile speaker system using theater KPT's

mustang guy

I am toying with using my 3 KPT-904/K402 and 2 KPT-684's as a mobile system. I wonder if the following layout would be good for a 3 sided system where I would get 180 degrees of sound. I would build a 3/4 ton pickup flatbed to carry everything, and I would likely box in the entire thing so I could lift it on and off the truck with my forklift. As for power demand, I figure the load with all amps and equipment to be about 3300 watts or about 30 amps 120VAC max. I would like this whole thing to be powered by a generator to make it truly mobile. I am looking at the Honda eu3000is which is 49-58DBA at 3 meters. At a cost of $2,000, it aint cheap, but a generator like that can be used for power outages and camping as well. Most importantly, it is a 3000 watt generator, which will meet the 3300 watt max demand and the 210 watt idle of this system.

I'll be honset. I will probably never do this, but you never know. It sure would be a fun project, and I could be the sound system for car shows. I could also rent it out to politicians in late October.

post-49931-1381986001661_thumb.jpg

Hey back in the late '70's & '80ies

I used to do something like that with 4 '74 Cornwalls at Grateful Dead shows that were 3 day runs that allowed overnight camping in the parking lot

2K generator ,a Pioneer receiver that had A & B dual stereo outputs & my trusty Sony D5 tape deck , same deck & set Schoeps mics I used to record the same shows of the 3 day run ,

I'd record the show & all night > me + hundreds more would rock out to show again & again all night , I would sell beer, food & coffee to the Deadheads all weekend long . I'd leave the place with a fat wallet & tapes of the shows .

I'd have the Cornwalls in semi circle aimed out from my selling area ,