Cornwall II's - Tweeter acting up

bijaker1

Hello everyone. I just got back not too long ago from a long summer away from home and I took my Cornwall II's out of storage. After a few weeks of light listening I noticed all of the highs coming from only one of the speakers. For example, the "smack" of the kick drum always seems to be coming from the left speaker. The speakers don't image as well as I remembered, so I took out my SPL meter and compared the speakers at different frequencies. It seems that the right tweeter (and to a lesser extent squawker) are quieter than the left channel. The right tweeter is 5-10dB quieter than the left one. The woofers though seem to be at the same volume.

Did 3 months in hot storage ruin these guys? Could it be the crossovers? Or the tweeter? I swapped channels on the amp, cables, and channels from the source to the amp, with no change in which speaker was quieter, so I'm sure it is the speakers. What do you guys think?

- Bijaker1

If it occured after storage, gain access to the crossovers and drivers. Loosen and tighten all screws. Remove all spade connectors and tighten SLIGHTLY with a pair of pliers and reinstall. If that doesn't fix your problem (it should though) swap tweeters from speaker to speaker and see if your issue moves.